Sunday, June 27, 2010

Look away NOW - (almost) unpolished nails alert, lol

Ok, I suppose that I had to do it sometime, bare my yellowed, flaking nails to the world.

(Well, except for a couple coats of clear, and white polish on the underside of the free edge)


Dont say I didnt warn you.......



Please excuse my middle nail being filed at an angle, it only ended up that way after the corner snapped off, and I decided that instead of loosing the length, that I would let it grow back into shape.
At the moment, my nails would not be regarded as long, but for me, this about the longest that I have managed to grow them in about the last eight years (since I have been workng as a cashier)
Since the end of March I have been using Sally Hansens Miracle Cure, and it does seem to help with the peeling flaking nails, although it has not totally prevented it, as you can see.
At the moment I am toying around with painting the underside of my nails white, to see if this helps , as well as to give the effect of a more natural manicure when using sheer polishes.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, signs of a polish addict. I have a little softy buffer that I use on mine to help with the peelies and I've been using OPI Nail Envy with some success, but my nails will always be at least a little yellow because they are almost always polished!

    ReplyDelete